Craft metal has endless decorative possibilities. It is pliable and can be wrapped around or adhered to any surface.
This book is all about using coloured craft metal – decorating it by means of embossing, cutting out designs, adding further colour, taking away colour and filling in 3D designs and much more – to customise blanks and found objects for your home. You will learn more about the metal and supporting mediums, and how to use the tools and familiarise yourself with several techniques, all of which can be applied in making more than 50 decorative and functional items. The original projects were designed and created specifically to show-case a variety of techniques and applications, including:
• Transferring and tracing designs
• Creating texture by means of inexpensive handheld tools or manual processes
• Using an embossing machine such as the cuttlebug™ for textures, patterns and die-cuts
• Finishing techniques such as sanding, ageing and painting
• Upcycling and repurposing
• Tips and tricks to simplify processes
The projects range from beginners to advanced lever and from quick ideas to masterpieces that will take longer to complete. Magnificent photographs of the finished objects will inspire you while step-by-step instructions and photographs will help you to get started right away.