A do-it-yourself book applying scrapbooking techniques to everyday items, turning them into gifts and decorative items.
This book is about traditional scrapbooking with a twist – a do-it-yourself book teaching you to apply scrapbooking techniques to everyday items, turning them into gorgeous gifts or decorative items for your home. Rather than making the usual scrapbook pages, hidden away in albums that many people may never see or take an interest in, you use the techniques for off-the-page scrapbooking, or simply altered items – three-dimensional scrapbooking. Combine paper, glue and embellishments with baking trays, felt, coffee cups, frames and much more and you will find you can alter just about everything – the sky is the limit:
• Craft personalized gifts from recycled tins
• Find great ideas for reusing jars and bottles
• Use frames and clipboards to take scrapbooking out of albums and on to your walls
• Turn discarded children’s board books into new, personalized stories
• Apply finishes ranging from vintage to rustic, from girlish to sophisticated
• Display photographs in clever, creative ways using assemblage and collage
The focus remains on preserving memories, but using this to transform or create items to be put on display for all to see – either for yourself or as much appreciated gifts for friends and loved ones. Scrap it! is lavishly illustrated with full page photographs of all finished projects, and clear step by step instructions and photographs guide you to create your own masterpieces in no time.